Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I search for mortgages in the state of Florida?

I am new to the internet, and I have not been having much luck with search results, although I am trying to follow the guidelines. I get what I'm looking for only about 10% of the time.





My son tells me that due to its sunshine laws, public record searches in Florida are easy. Well, not for me. Can anyone help with this specific problem, and can I get some tips to get overall better search results?How do I search for mortgages in the state of Florida?
I also want to add that, assuming the records are available online, all you may be able to find out is the document number, date the document was recorded, trustee and/or trustor. You won't be able to find out the amount of the mortgage online for free. Most counties (at least in California) have the information online (document number, date of document, trustor and trustee and if you want to view the document, you would have to pay a fee to view it and/or order it.





Public record searches are easy...if you go to the place you want the public record from....not everything is available online (nor is it required to be online)...How do I search for mortgages in the state of Florida?
Mortgages are recorded in a lien book in each county court house, in the Recorder of Deeds office. Since each county keeps it's own records, you would have to search the Web to see if a county even has deed information posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment