Monday, August 16, 2010

Stopped paying mortgage because they won't talk to me now headed for forclouser not sure what to do. Help?

My second mortgage will not speak with me because it is under my husbands name but he passed away I advised them of this and sent in his death certficate but they still would not talk to me I stopped paying and now got a letter of payment or they will forclose. I don't even know how much it is and the payments were auto. I am on the first mortgage and in good standings I don't know what to do now.Stopped paying mortgage because they won't talk to me now headed for forclouser not sure what to do. Help?
I disagree with my other answer expert--


why would you have a house with 2 mortgages but in separate names?





presuming you have removed your husband's name from your


bank accounts.......here is a fun thing-dumb thing--


if you keep paying on the first, and the 2nd forecloses, it


has to pay off the first to keep its rights.--check with your state


as that is how it is in most states.





LET THE 2nd foreclose. Keep paying on the first.


AT the sale, IF I AM Correct, if the 2nd does not pay off the


first, he loses his position and you wind up with only


one mortgage.





Lenders can be SOOO stupid.





get back to me for more help


sorry they are hassling/ignoring youStopped paying mortgage because they won't talk to me now headed for forclouser not sure what to do. Help?
Ummm....you can't stop paying mortgage payments because 'they won't talk to you'. The payments are still due and they expect them to be made on time. I'm not sure why you insist on talking to the holders of the second mortgage, but halting payment won't make them talk to you. It will only result in the foreclosure action which you are now facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment