Friday, August 20, 2010

How long does and eviction take after a foreclure on a duplex that is being rented?

I Live in a duplex in Philadelphia. My Neighbor and I just found out that the building is in foreclosure?! We have paid rent every month and the landlord obviously hasnt paid the mortgage. Does this mean I am going to get evicted? How long do I have before my son and I are kicked out on the street with nowhere to go? Please helpHow long does and eviction take after a foreclure on a duplex that is being rented?
It takes 30 days. You can avoid this by offering to pay the rent to the new owner on the date he takes title. He will get the deed handed to him when he wins the bid at the foreclosure sale. Usually on the courthouse steps.


A smart idea is for you to attend the auction. The time and location will be on a notice posted on your front door or garage. You will be able to meet the winner of the bid. You could write a rent check on the spot. Now you can not be evicted.
  • computer protection
  • default myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment