Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I get to Georgia and back home on a budget?

With the economy as it is and many people are on tight budgets as myself and disabled, how can I travel cheaply from Baltimore to Georgia? Bus is cheap but nearly 21 hour ride, train more expensive and takes just as long and sleeper car hundreds extra, and plane is mortgage payment? Any advice? Need to go see grandson to bring him back. Help please. Would also be traveling with daughter as companion.How can I get to Georgia and back home on a budget?
1) I have two suggestions for you.


Start calling the local Red Cross offices in your area and see if you qualify for a grant. (non-repayable)





2) Starting calling the local churches and see if they will assist.





Just use your telephone and start asking until you find a way. Hope that helps.How can I get to Georgia and back home on a budget?
Could you perhaps rent a car - get one with unlimited mileage and drive down and back? I just checked http://hotline.com/ and found a car for $23 per day. So you could get a car for a week for $160. Gas is going down so you could probably do the whole thing for less than $250.

No comments:

Post a Comment