Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Who is my Title Company to my Mortgage?

I am looking for a survey to my house and need the original Title Insurance Company who did my original Mortage, how do I find it?? Also, I went to the Department of Buildings and they said they do not have a copy and to check with my bank. Bank said check with my county. I live in brooklyn NY, how do I reach the county office?? Any other way I can get a property survey without paying to do another survey because I think it is available somewhere. Please help!!Who is my Title Company to my Mortgage?
You received a copy of the title insurance commitment before closing and the full binder after. Also they should be listed on the HUD-I Settlement Statement.





It is possible, however, that no survey was done at the time you closed your loan.Who is my Title Company to my Mortgage?
There should be a copy in the original loan paperwork that you were given when you sat down with the title company and signed all the paperwork. If you do not have that paperwork then try to remember where you went to sign it; that should be the title company you are looking for.


If that does not work then try going online or calling your county assesor's office. These are the people who send you the tax bills for the house. The survey, as well as the closing documents are recorded and they should have them on file.

No comments:

Post a Comment