Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I get donations to help pay for my husbands medical bills?

I have heard stories of people getting donations to help pay for things over the internet. I was just wondering if this may be an option for my family. My husaband was in a car accident that left him with a severe traumatic brain injury. Our medical bills are out of control %26amp; we are barely able to put food on the table this month. He has been approved for disability, however that is barely enough to pay the mortgage. I cant work because I have to be home to take care of him %26amp; my two year old. If I go to work I will have to pay someone to look after him %26amp; for daycare. That would probably cost more than I would make going to work. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for listening.How can I get donations to help pay for my husbands medical bills?
Be careful...what it seems that you are considering is the formation of a non-profit (charity) for your medical expenses. Contact an attorney for guidance in this area...the Internal Revenue Service will need to be contacted also. Some banks will allow you to establish a special account to enable those interested in assisting to contribute directly at a specific location or specific account.





Monies received from anyone who is not directly related to you may be considered taxable under ordinary circumstances. Be sure to make inquiries of a Certified Public Accountant near you who specializes in Special Cases for Charity Based or Non-Profit organizations.How can I get donations to help pay for my husbands medical bills?
If you belong to a house of worship, talk to your clergy asap.





If your husband is on SSDI or just approved, he has a caseworker. It is in the government's best interest to make sure you can take care of all three of you. Talk to his caseworker.





See if your state has a Displaced Homemaker program. It helps women get on their feet after divorce, death, or loss of income ability.





Call every social service agency you can think of and ask if they have programs or assistance for you.





You must advocate for yourself and your family and you must do it assertively.





You can do this
Try G2Bay. This is a social networking site where people help each other make and save money. People post their photos, blogs, news, product and service reviews and talk about the stocks they own. Every user gets a Million Dollar Page where advertisers pay to find the right customers. The more hits you get on your page, the more money advertisers will give you. You can specify why you need the money and people can either donate it or buy ads on your Million Dollar page.
I am real sorry, was he a vet, they might cover the medical, I hope you have some family to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment