Friday, August 20, 2010

When you sell your home do you have the money available in your bank account to use to buy a new home?

I own my home and when the time comes to sell I won't be able to buy a new home without the money from selling my old home. I don't want a mortgage on the new home. I want to buy the new home with the money I get from the sale of my old home. I have never bought or sold a home before so I don't know how this works. Any help would be appreciated.When you sell your home do you have the money available in your bank account to use to buy a new home?
When you sell, the mortgage or any liens are paid off, the rest of the money goes to YOU, the seller after all fees are deducted. You can then put it in your bank (or wired there) and have it available to buy your next home.


Timing the sale and purchase can be problematical, or you have to move to temporary quarters.When you sell your home do you have the money available in your bank account to use to buy a new home?
on the day of settlement, you will walk out with a check for all your profit on the home. Or you can have it wired to your bank. I would do this. It would be available that same day.
it is very doubtful that any money you receive from the sale of the first house will be enough to buy the new one


unless, of course, it is a fully paid house and of good market value

No comments:

Post a Comment