Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I get a potential client to talk with me?

I have a new business and need to do some face to face marketing to businesses to bring in clients. My specialty is not marketing. When I walk in their door what is the best approach to use to get them to talk with me so they don't just turn me away? A good opening line would be helpful too. My business is offering mortgage loan processing services to mortgage brokerage firms. Thanks in advance for your advice and help.How do I get a potential client to talk with me?
You will have to 'qualify' your potential clients. For instance, if you sell gravel, you will instantly disqualify pillow makers. Ok?





In order to not waste time/resources, you should have an idea of who uses your product. An introductory letter is a perfectly legitimate and logical way to present yourself and your product.





Use pictures, make it attractive.





So. I make concrete and I see by your letter that you sell gravel. Fine. You're over hurdle one.





Now convince me that your gravel is a) going to make my concrete better, b) going to make my business more profitable, c) going to make my life (and work) easier, d) bring me great success.





Skip everything else. For now.





Follow up with a phone call which includes a brief synopsis of your letter and (this is the hard part) ask them directly for a meeting.





Don't hint, don't fiddle. ';May I make an appointment with you to go over the wonderful things I can do for you?'; Be direct. Be firm. Be convinced that your gravel WILL INDEED benefit this client.





';Lines';, tricks, and bulldozer-style personal presentations (where you charge ahead with your script and never actually TALK to the client) are going to fail. Listen carefully. Repeat your strong points, and probe for their questions.





It may be as simple as ';can you take payment 30-days from delivery?'; ';Can you deliver on 2 hours notice?'; Or something that you could never anticipate!





There's more, but... well. You've got the idea!





Go get 'em!





Best wishesHow do I get a potential client to talk with me?
Just ask the person if you can take couple minutes of his/her time to discuss mortgage loans and leave him/her some information about your company with your business card.
The key is to reposition yourself as an expert and trusted advisor. Once you do that, people will want to do to business on your terms and you won't have to be dictated by your buyers.


I encourage you to read both: Dan Kennedy and Mal Emery materials to totally reinnovate and reengineer the whole sales and marketing process so that you can achieve what you want.
Visit us at:


http://www.create-the-best.com/mortgagecompanydirectmail.html





www.create-the-best.com





Email us at:


createthebest01@yahoo.com
Start with any people that you know already. I think it is also important to listen to your potential customers. Ask them what type of loan processing services they need, and then respond with a pitch pointing out how you provide these features.
Maybe try online advertising such as Google AdWords or Yahoo Search Marketing to get targeted traffic to your website?
you can find potential client to talk with me at http://www.indyapage.com and for all business

No comments:

Post a Comment