Friday, August 20, 2010

Are ';mortgage bankers'; pretty much considered sleazy like used car salesmen?

My husband's background is in computer/hardware/network installaions, support, and maintenance etc. and instead of pursuing his Master's degree in an area like that, or better yet, getting CISSP certified -- he got a job as a mortgage banker for a large lender.





I have my Master's in accounting and I work in financial and IT consulting - how can I become more comfortable with my husband's occupation and not feel like I'm telling people he's basically a used car salesman for loans? Mind you, I'm South Asian, and in our culture, it's usually expected that the man be something really respectable like a doctor, engineer, etc. Please help - no ignorant comments please. I love my husband and am very very very proud of his other accomplishments, how much he loves me and cares for me - I just want to be able to appreciate what he does...Are ';mortgage bankers'; pretty much considered sleazy like used car salesmen?
I don't think I'd call that job 'sleezy', but that's just my opinion. Also, you should worry less about what everyone thinks about your husband's job and worry more about him being happy. If he's happy with his career choice, you should support him, no matter what your 'culture' thinks.Are ';mortgage bankers'; pretty much considered sleazy like used car salesmen?
Bankers do very well, and this is an honorable job. He will also be able to be home more than a doctor to help with the rearing of his children. I do not understand what the problem is. You really have a poor perception of what a mortgage banker is.





Sorry, that does sound like an awful lot of time to put into a job and get a small return for it. I think I would encourage him to find employment someplace else. Tell him it is taking quality time from the two of you. I can understand why you would question his advancement in the job he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment